Snowfall Widget is showing a black LockBackground?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Fishman9809, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Fishman9809

Fishman9809 Active Member

here it is, it should show my lockbackground, but instead its showing a black screen, any ideas how to fix it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You'll need to link the Wallpaper.png to your LockBackground.jpg. To do this, follow these steps:
    1) Go into iFile, go into /var/mobile/Library, look for LockBackground.jpg.
    2) Tap edit on the top right and click on the circle on the left of LockBackground.jpg.
    3) Tap the bottom right button (looks like a rectangle with an arrow)
    4) Press 'Copy/Link'
    5) Head over to the /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/(Widget), then look for Wallpaper.png
    6) When you're in the folder that contains Wallpaper.png, tap edit on the top right again, and then the bottom right button again.
    7) Instead of pasting, press 'Create Link'
    8) Then rename LockBackground.jpg to Wallpaper.png (don't forget the '.png')
    9) If you still see a black background, delete the original LockBackground.jpg and set the wallpaper again.

If you don't have iFile, or don't want to do this, just use your SSH program to copy LockBackground.jpg to /var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/private and then rename it to Wallpaper.png, but you'll need to do this every time you change your wallpaper.
  3. Fishman9809

i tried both way, i cant seem to get it to work, any other ideaS?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Hmm, in Winterboard, bring the widget all the way to the top of the list. If you have a theme over it, it may be overlapping the wallpaper.
  5. Fishman9809

still didnt wrk :/

i guess im stuck with the crappy background if i want the widget, grr