Sn0wbreeze: PwnageTool Coming To Windows?

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Oct 7, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I didn't want to put this out on the front page but just to state that I dislike chip-ins and donations at the best of times, as do the more morally sound hackers/developers.

At times there's a need for cash donations to help buy equipment to get work done. However, Chronic Dev, a team with lots of history but no real release, have found out the hard way that asking the community for cash up front on a tool that hasn't yet been produced can put undue pressure on your work and have negative repercussions, as was seen in the rush to publish and claim the greenpois0n exploit as their own on the iPhone Wiki.

In light of this I would suggest you think very carefully before donating to iH8sn0w or anyone related to their development to help them buy the iPod touch 3G and iPhone 3GS devices they are asking you to donate for. If you do decide to donate it should be mindful that nothing may ever come of their work. If you want to donate and do expect a working tool in your hands I would suggest you wait for them to release before monetizing your thanks.
  3. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't trust this....I rather wait for what MuscleNerd,Chronic or GeoHot are up to.....in other words I trust those who I can deposit trust to those who, in the past, gave us working tools/exploits/whatnot.....I wish this team the best of luck but I rather trust in people who,even in their sleep, come up with the solutions for our jailbreaking needs....it's not personal...it's strictly business quoting the Godfather

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. J3FF3R5

J3FF3R5 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    with the lack of information this make me very suspicious but i hope that they will meet their ETA of October

Please Register or Log in to view images

12th.
  5. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As I said....I don't expect it to meet the ETA....I don't even expect it to come out....we have seen so many fake teams on this kind of thing....I remember a few weeks ago when it was said that sony psp's firmware 6.00 had been cracked and all that....it turned out to be a fake and they were asking donations and I think they received some....
    I agree with studangerous....people should donate when(If) this is out...
  6. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's only a port of the dev team's PwnageTool to windows and there's usually a port whenever a new PwnageTool is released... progress all depends on the skill of the coders. I would give them the benefit of the doubt and presume they will release (maybe not by the ETA though) though I still wouldn't be donating to buy them iPod touch 3Gees and iPhone 3GSes unless they were working on something bigger.
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't believe that any of this will see the light of day, and I'm not really sure why these guys are getting this much attention. I went and looked at iREB just to see what it was and it had the most horrible user experience I have ever seen and on top of that, it crashed! That was for the OS X version... I'll attempt to dissect the Windows version and see what it is he's doing to prevent the errors. I'm sure it's nothing major.

As for the Windows Pwnagetool, cmw tried it, I tried it, both of us taking several months in order to attempt to bring it to market, yet we both failed. We both came close, I should note, but we both failed in the end. These guys not only won't but can't bring a stable Pwnagetool for Windows in only a week. Do not donate your money. I'll post back with some dsm as soon as I get my VMWare install updated to 2.0.6.
  8. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I hear you Chris.
  9. Meyer

Meyer Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    fractal snow flake for the image, nice.
  10. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Stu, it would appear that iH8sn0w includes quite a bit of Apple's copyrighted code... I would like to make a motion to have it banned from iptf. PM me for evidence if you want it.