SMS Tones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ulysses_609, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Does anyone know how to put custom SMS tones on? I have an iPhone 3GS and I'm trying to figure out where to put them and if it can be done or not
  2. nfs8932

nfs8932 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    you have to ssh into you iphone and so go system/libary/audio/uisounds
    in there is you mail tone sms tone and a few others but remember they have to be in a .caf format. to get into a caf format you first have to have your audio as an .aiff and then rename the .aiff to .caf

here is the instructions to get to an aiff from apple.
    1. Open iTunes.
    2. Choose iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (Windows).
    3. Click General at the top of the Preferences window.
    4. Click Import Settings.
    5. From the Import Using menu, choose AIFF Encoder instead of MP3 or AAC encoders.
    6. If you are going to use this file in a DV video editing program such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie:
    1. From the Setting menu, choose Custom.
    2. From the Sample Rate menu, choose 48.000 kHz. This is the standard sample rate for DV.2
    3. From the Sample Size menu, choose 16 bit.
    4. From the Channels menu choose Stereo (or Mono if your files are monaural).
    5. Click OK.
    7. Click OK again.
    8. If the file you are converting is already in your iTunes library, select the song, then choose Advanced > Create AIFF version. If the file is not in your iTunes library, hold the Option key down (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) while choosing Advanced > Convert to AIFF and then locate the file for the song you want to convert on your hard disk.
  3. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    cool thanks..but i found out that you have to rename the tone to sms-received(pick a number 1-6).caf. and delete one. say for example you make a tone. you would have to delete say sms-received1.caf and replace it with the one you made. but rename it sms-recieved1.caf. so it would replace the old one. just thought I would share the knowledge

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. NimbusV

NimbusV New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does this work on a Non-Jailbroken iPhone using Diskaid as well?