SMS is slow-mo these days...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brendanm, Dec 17, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

It seems since I jailbroke my texting ahs been taking forever. Like, I texted my ffriend at 12ish today, she got my message 15 minutes ago... Wtf
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That shouldn't have anything to do with your jailbreak. Probably a hiccup with cell service of either you or your friend.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    She's not the only one telling me this. I called Rogers, without mentioning the jailbreak. The first thing they asked was if I jailbroke!
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It has nothing to do with the jailbreak. If you think it does, then restore your iPhone and if the problem ends then it was the jailbreak. If it still continues, call your phone provider and have a chat with them.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Apple and cellphone carriers will always ask if you jailbroke and they will always blame the problems on that.
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Rogers isn't helping any, they're saying I text too much and that's the issue.

I restored and went through the whole process to come up with the same results. You know what I'm blaming? The fact that Rogers network isn't ready to handle all the usage, province wide we have two towers, lot's of dead zones and such.

You wanna know something else that's weird, got two questions:
    Before going to 3.1.2 and on a jailbreak, I used to get message coming up like 1 (902) 555 0000 for example, if they were not in my contacts. Now, it's just showing up (902) 555 0000 without the jailbreak. Is this an update in the firmware?

And the other thing is, sometimes I'll be having a good conversation with someone, and all the sudden they stop texting, then ten minutes later I get it from a different number, a number from a different province... But the person who sent it, sent it form their phone but it shows up from a different number? Like not contact wise. It's messed, it happens once a day at-least. It's annoying.