sms.app mod for touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by endorphin, Dec 28, 2007.

1. endorphin

endorphin New Member

hey guys,

I'm fully aware of the fact that you can send and receive sms in mail.app, but i was wondering if it would be possible to modify the iphone's sms.app to work through wifi on the touch? you'd still be sending to phonenumber@carrier.net like with the mail.app trick, and receiving the messages at your e-mail. but i would love to do this inside the sms.app of the iphone with it's neat text bubbles and what not

Please Register or Log in to view images

can it be done guys?
  2. lanhikari3113

lanhikari3113 New Member

Omg thats exactly what I've been wanting to know too! People HAVE been able to modify the .app files so I too was wondering that for a long time! using mail is annoying because it only auto updates every 15 mins. The sms updates every minute or so. Sorry I was of no help just suggesting how i thought you could do it.
  3. d00m42

d00m42 Member

I mean in theory I could figure out how to make it work, but I do not know how to modify the app files :/
  4. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

i was waiting for sumthin like this!!!! ahhhh hope this happens lol =]
  5. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    That would be pretty damn awesome

6. endorphin

endorphin New Member

Ya guys I think this would be great it would be one more fully functional iPhone app on the touch

and I know this can also be done on an IM client but I just think it would make for a much cleaner way to text message by using the original SMS app and modifying it so that it recognizes your iPod touch's phone number as an e-mail you put in and then receives messages the exact same way the iphone does without being able to tell the difference! I don't have too much experience with modifying app filed but if someone could tell me how to do this or at least start to, I'll give it a try

7. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

omg!!! i hope this works out great man!!!!! a native app of sms for itouch =]
  8. Bird

Bird New Member

there's a secondary SMS program called iSMS, perhaps it would be easier to mod than apples app?
  9. mcsampson

mcsampson New Member

Does iSMS actually text someone from an iPod touch? If it does, does it charge anyone?
  10. endorphin

endorphin New Member

iSMS is an alternative to the iPhone's native sms app, so I would assume that it works in the same way that the native app works. But iSMS is a good point guys, it's a native SMS app for the iPhone made from scratch. If the dev's were able to do that then i'm almost certain that modding sms.app for the iPod touch is possible. Anyone here with sms.app expertise that can give some advice?