SMBPrefs Themes Dont Show Up!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by simon_newman49, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simon_newman49

simon_newman49 New Member

i have shhed themes into the ipod and downloaded them off installer, all permissions are set to 0755, yet they dont show up on summberboard?

anyhelp?
  2. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Summerboard is not yet stable on 1.1.3. A search would have found you this answer.
  3. simon_newman49

yea i have searched, i know its not stable, but people can still get the themes to show up on SMBPrefs its just that the icons only show up.
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Add the icons manually via SSH, just get the .png icon you want, rename it "icon" and place it in the Application folder you want to use it with.
  5. simon_newman49

owkay, but isnt there a way to do it via. SMBPrefs? or is it just luck?
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I couldnt get it working......or customize.

Also, I dont think that using an APP that is obviously not compatible with the firmware version is a good idea.....just my opinion....
  7. simon_newman49

owkay thanks anyway, i think i'll just wait until an update comes out for it, thanks for the help.
  8. hanson

hanson New Member

to get SMBprefs working "kinda" properly, you have to SSH into your iPod/phone and copy the "summerboard" folder from /private/var/root/library to /private/var/mobile/library

the you have to add the themes manually into THIS folder instead of the root one, where the installer installs all them into.

sry for english mistakes, just a german "kraut" xD

hanson
  9. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

Yes, it is better to ssh them to your iPod. Same like iPhysics, you download them, it does not appear in the corresponding app. so just as I did, I put them in the correct folder, and no problems at all!
  10. jstlookinground

jstlookinground New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    its caused none of the themes i download for summerboard or customize to show up. and i also cant change springboard strings in customize. so basically instead of summerboard being useless, customize is lol. i can use the default themes for summerboard, and i can change my wallpaper to my own.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.