Smbprefs can mess up Ipod ? And question about theme

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raxtor, Jun 24, 2008.

1. raxtor

raxtor New Member

So tonight I wanted to try some new themes so I used MMiThemer to download some. I tried 3D Cartoon and Apple blue. The first one worked but the second one messed up with my Ipod. I was stuck at the Apple's logo and I had the infinite spinning ring of death (Also my Ipod gets very hot during this). So after trying to fix that thing, I found out a solution. I SSH into my Ipod and I saw two folders that would not be there normally so I deleted them (The first folder was "Apple blau" and the second one was "__MACOSX"). So I restarted my Ipod touch and It didn't work. So I've tried another thing and went into ~/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes and I deleted the "Apple blau" folder and it worked ! So now I can use my Ipod and I haven't lose anything beside this theme. Why did the theme "Apple blue" messed up with my Ipod ? I don't know, maybe it is because my language settings are set to french but I'm not sure.

So anyway, about my second question :
    I've noticed that while trying any theme with Smbprefs, some of the icons pictures doesn't change (Installed app will always change if their pictures are replaced; The icons that their pictures doesn't change are Calendar, Contacts, Clock, Calculator, Maps, Weather, Photos, Mail, Stocks, Music, Videos and Settings). My current language settings are set to french, but when I set my Ipod to english, the icons pictures can change. Is there a way to fix that problem without changing the language setting (letting it stay to french) ?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Only themes can mess up your iPod. Don't download themes you're not sure about/only get ones from Installer and ones on here that you can SSH in.

The reason that you're base apps don't change is because they are in French, correct? I.E. Music = Musique, Videos = Vidéos, etc. These themes (most likely in English) look for apps call Music and Videos, not Musique and Vidéos. You need to SSH in to the Summerboard theme folder, and manually change the names of Calendar, Contacts, Clock, Calculator, Maps, Weather, Photos, Mail, Stocks, Music, Videos and Settings to French, and then the icons will change when you apply that specific theme.
  3. raxtor

raxtor New Member