Smart Playlist Misbehaving

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iFanaddic, Nov 25, 2009.

1. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

I've been having issues with my Recently Added playlist (the one I use the most), basically the one on my iTunes seems right the songs that show up on the top of the list are the ones I recently added and as you go down the songs get "older". But that's not the way they show up on the phone, sometimes a get a completely different list of songs and sometimes I get part of it.

At the moment I only see the two first songs of the smart playlist on my iPhone, aren't playlist suppose to show up exactly the same way they do on my mac? Maybe there is something I have yet to understand about playlist (After 6 years of playing around with them) Can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

2. mrez

mrez Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i think you forgot to check the match the following rules check box
  3. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

I want it unchecked, when it's unchecked my playlist is the way I want it, exept on my iPhone
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I believe this is a bug of 3.1.1+ (or maybe 3.0). I, like many, have this problem as well, I don't think there is a solution yet.
  5. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

Why do you think that? No one seems to be experiencing any problems besides the two of us. I don't mind not using it until there is a fix, but I wanna be sure it's a bug and not just something I did wrong and I end up waiting for nothing.

Is there a list of know bugs for the iPhone OS?
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

7. iFanaddic

iFanaddic Member

I guess you were right! Theres even a temporary fix for it, I tried it and it worked like a charm. Thank you!

(the fix was to uncheck live updating by right-clicking the smart playlist and clicking "Edit Smart Playlist")
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, I read that, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the "Recently Added" playlist

Please Register or Log in to view images

If it doesn't have live update, it won't have the most recently added songs lol.