Smart peice of advice for Winpwn-Hyped individuals...

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by hakk79, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok. Guys. Here is the release time...
    When you all shup up and stop bothering the guy.

Listen, I am tired of multiple threads asking for the release date of Winpwn, and let me tell you a little fact.

Right now on Mac, Pwned has actually BRICKED a few iPods. And So far the iPods are IMPOSSIBLE to get back to normal. If you dont believe me check on the Dev Team website.
    They have a small section explaining the issue.

Now, for the logic...When the maker of Pwned for Mac took their time, and did not get rushed,Pwned still BRICKED a few iPods to the point of no return, so imagine what WinPwn will be like if the person that is porting Pwned to windows is getting rushed through that, and is getting RUSHED through Beta testing, and has threads asking him the release time. If that happens I gurantee that at least 21 to 30 percent of people using WinPwn will get Bricked TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN.

If I were you, I would stop bothering the guy on IRC, because think about it...The time that he is taking on IRC, talking to people that are trying to rush him, like YOU, is the same time that he could be using making WinPwn. On top of that, this guys is getting limited donations.

Lastly, I suggest that you just let the guy take a rest. Lets face it...no matter when WinPwn comes out...Its still going to be released...If you guys keep bothering the guy, the chances of him leaving the project due to harassment, are greater that the chances of him just making the damn thing in peace.

I give the person that is making WinPwn, 100 rep+ for holding up with all of these idiots that keep asking for release dates, and are bothering you on IRC. I hope you TAKE YOUR TIME, STEP BY STEP in making WinPwn. I do not want my iPod getting bricked because a few idiots keep rushing you.

And lastly, in my imagination, the most ironic moment would be that if the people that were rushing you, get their iPods BRICKED by rushing the instructions in WinPwn.

Just a Thought

hakk79

P.S. : Link for Dev Team Observation
    *Edited*

Update: The link has been edited because it actually had something to do with your iPhone, not your iPod. It was my mistake that in some Pwned related thread, someone said that it my have caused the brickage on iPods.

BUT

You cannot deny the fact that WinPwn is a delicate process, and if something goes wrong, your iPod may even be Bricked, or may have something seriously wrong with it. WinPwn creates a custom Firmware...And goes as far as to even change the logo. if something goes wrong in ANY of those steps, I can almost SMELL wither one of 3 things

A. A bricked iPod

B. A iPod with a serious Error

C. If you are lucky, An iPod that has to go into restore mode.

And if you dont believe me, search the term "Bricked" on the website. You will find some brickages from WinPwn that will make you piss your pants.

P.S.-If there were any iPhone User's, that link applied something that Pwnage could do to you.

Oh and to those that say Bricking through Pwnage is impossible, I know that these video's will make you do a double take. This is not to discourage you not to use winpwn or pwnage but it is just to show you what can happen if people rush the delicate process of making Pwnage for windows. Oh, and on a side note, this happened on Pwnage for mac. As i said earlier, that was not rushed as much as this WinPwn is. Look at what it did to this iPod

First Video: http://outgoing.ifans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS93YXRjaD92PXQyVzlQYVdWcmYw

Second video: http://outgoing.ifans.com/?d=aHR0cDovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS93YXRjaD92PVpRZ0tnY0V5N25v

Now if the maker of Pwnage says it does not "Brick" iPods either he is wrong and it does Brick iPod's and iPhone's alike, or it messes up your iPod Touch or iPhone to the point where bricking it, and having it in a messed up state, does not have that much of a Difference.

Lastly I think that Pwnage is a great tool, but this is for the good of the Community. I mean, as a wise man said once...

Would you rather have a buggy version of Pwnage that brick's or messes up your iPod Touch or iPhone released in one Hour?

Or a 100 Percent stable version released in 1 Week?
    4 people like this.
  2. 100% agreed. Greatly said.
  3. EvanTDM

EvanTDM New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    agreed i tried telling em but no one listened.... i think =/
  4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's exactly what my thoughts were. I don't know why everyone's so excited anyway. Right now, from my understanding, the only 2 things it does different from ziphone or iLiberty is the bootlogo, and it jailbreaks 1.2. The custom bootlogo (or pwnapple, as it's called) isn't that big a deal, and there's really nothing out right now updated to work with firmware 1.2. I know there will be in a week or two, but until then, why rush it? He can take all the time he needs, in my opinion

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. ninja632

ninja632 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I totally agree with you. I'd rather wait a few more days, even a few weeks if it meant that we got a full tested, 100% functional and perfect program.
  6. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Totally Agreed. Very well said

The later the better

Also, I think that the Dev Team should develop a program to reflash the disk to normal mode
  7. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Stop trying to threaten people with bricked iPods. We all know that we shouldn't be bothering him but there are many noobs out there who just want the damn program. I'll be fine waiting for windows release until apps are made for 2.0
  8. harout187

harout187 New Member

Man i would hate to be the person with a forever bricked iPod.
  9. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I actually think there will be a way to fix brick... maybe with a bit of money, and a bit of hardware modification..
  10. stevenplanet

stevenplanet Banned

Wow, I never knew you could brick your ipod with a custom firmware... I wonder how it works?
    anywayz, i agree, would rather wait a week than have a broken iPod. I wonder if apple will replace ur ipod for that?