Smallest microphone that DOESN'T stop the speakers

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Allo, May 5, 2010.

1. Allo

Allo New Member

Hey everyone, just joined up today. Was wondering if I could pick the brains of the iPod fans here. Hope you guys can help me!

I'm in need of a stand alone microphone (no earplugs) that can be inserted into the iPod that DOESN'T stop the in built speakers from working. It would be preferrable if it also utilised the centre USB cable slot rather than using the headphone jack.

Can anyone recommend any product that fits this criteria?
  2. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Don't know if that's even made. We'd have heard about it if it was.
  3. Allo

Allo New Member

That's crazy! You'd think someone would have come up with one by now! Kinda renders the voice recognition stuff useless, doesn't it?
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Buy a pair of headphones with a mic.
  5. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can find the Apple Remote w/ Mic ones on fleabay for pretty cheap, got mine from there.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

He doesn't want it with the headphones or to plug into the headphone jack. I've yet to see one go into the USB port, probably because Apple doesn't want any competition for the iPhone in that area.

And to the OP: how does having to wear headphones or losing the speakers because something is plugged into said jack (a design feature Apple used to ensure speakers didn't blast music at the sane time headphones were in use) make the iPod useless? They WANT you to get an iPhone if you want to use it as a phone. That and if you're going to yell at the iPod for voice commands to change the track being played, that you'll have headphones on as the speaker sucks for music and games or Dragon were iPhone-only for that reason at launch
  7. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
  8. Allo

Allo New Member

Hmm, the Macally iPod Audio Recorder seems to fit the bill pretty damn close. Does it stop the in built speakers on the iPod from working?

Also, does it come in anything slightly smaller?