small 3g dock conected router for ipod touch soon!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by liammk, Nov 24, 2008.

1. liammk

liammk New Member

i was just looking at APC forums and forums and saw that someone had asked a question about a portable router for the ipod touch. A member of APC staff replied with news that a small 3g router would be coming out soon that could plug into the ipod touch via the dock connector. I just thought that apple might shoot this kind of thing down because apple likes to be able to strongly distinguish between the ipod touch and the iphone. what do you guys think.

link to post:
    http://apcmag.com/forum.htm?g=posts&t=938
  2. Kukumber

Kukumber New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah no I don't think he meant a router for the iPod...
    All they talk about is a battery operated (portable) wifi router + UMTS/HSDPA modem (integrated/dongle compatible?)
    There is no way Apple could shoot down such a product just because it would be possible to have mobile internet with the iPod using it...
  3. veshica

veshica New Member

If they come out with a portable router for the ipod touch please someone let me know!
    I have no wireless at my home or my job so my ipod touch is currently no more than an average ipod except when I'm in Borders.
    It;s so sad I cant buy any apps or use the GPS or any of the things that made my mom want to get it for me!
    So if you get any news on this subject my email is: veshica@gmail.com

Thank you!
  4. Vash01

Vash01 New Member

Sadly not anytime soon

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, there is WMWifiRouter for certain Windows Mobile Smartphones, which makes your Smartphone a hotspot for the Touch.

And there is this company http://www.evdoinfo.com/, which makes routers. You can use a smartphone, usb modem, or express card modem to make a wifi hotspot you can take with you. Costs about $60 a month for unlimited data.

HTH,
    Diana
  6. kkppkkyay112

kkppkkyay112 New Member

Does anyone know when cause i want to get one for my bday but i want it as early as possible (13 hour car ride to flordia YIIIKES)
  7. EricJD

EricJD New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)