Slower Ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Deadrise, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Deadrise

Deadrise New Member

hi.

In a few weeks, i will get my ipod touch. Of course, im really exited about it, but, everything about it isnt crystal-clear. Ive looked around, and i know pretty much about jailbreaking it, and so on, but i still got one question.

Or, actually. Two, questions to be exactly.

1. If im going to jailbreak it, will the touch be in a "normal" state, or will it become slower, get glitches, freeze, and so on? Or is it kept in a normal state, except for that i can install a lot of things? No slower, freezier, glitching ipod for me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Yeah, i know. I can find alot of threads about restoring my ipod. But, will the jailbreak and all of the applications disapear? Or, ist the jailbreak a permanent thing to do?

thank you. Please, excuse my worthless english, actually, im from sweden.

2. lewisking

lewisking New Member

from what I can tell, the jailbreak does not make it slower, but I do get a few minor glitches, but after trying them again, they always seem to go. As for the restore, it resets EVERYTHING, no songs, vids, pics and apps (except default ones) or settings are on the touch after you have restored.
  3. Deadrise

Deadrise New Member

alright, thanks for the fast response.
    But, just for example, cant you tell me about some of these glitches?
    Where, what do the do, and so on?

and, is there any caution with restoring your ipod? Is there a possibility that its going to crash, or is everything OK?
    Will the jailbreak disapear? Will the ipod be in its original state, as it where when you took it out from its box?

Thanks.
  4. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

an example

installer sometimes it freezes for me when it freezes i just hold the home and the power button untill the ipod turns off then let go otherwise it will put the ipod into recovery mode
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Basic 'glitches' are usually within the apps themselves. Most are minor lags. There is no 'risks' to restoring your iPod, once you restore, all of the jailbreaking evidence will be gone. Your iPod will be back to normal, just like it was when you got it out of the box.
  6. Deadrise

Deadrise New Member

Thank you so much, you guys just ensured me to jailbreak it. I mean, if i dont like it the way it is, i'll just have to restore it.

Thank you so much, once more. Damn fast responds, below 5 minutes!

one more question, am i able to update the ipod with itunes after the jailbreak, or do i have to restore it once again?
  7. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

well...first you have to restore back to 1.1.1

which means you have to downgrade your ipod's version from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1...then youll have to jailbreak it,then update back to 1.1.2 and jailbreak it again...when a new firmware comes out,i suggest you not to update for a while until you know that you can jailbreak that version