Slow wifi on 3.0 [Fixable?]

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by jimorna, Jul 31, 2009.

1. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    hey guys

I just aprgraded to 3.0 jailbreak 2 days ago, and the wifi was going way slower than 2.2.1. It would never go any higher than 30 KB/s, when on 2.2.1 it would go ALOT faster.

I saw posts on this forum saying they are having problems with it on 3.0 aswell, and i am considering going back to 2.2.1, but before i do, i want to know if it is fixable.

Thanks

EDIT: If i were to go to itunes and hit Shift+Restore, then selected 2.2.1, would it work?
  2. beats are us

beats are us New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my 3.0 wifi is def slower.. i can use to DL much much faster on my connection at home.. i have a 20mb download, and 5mb upload.. i used to get 500kb at hte bare minimum.. its really bad now..

i can be next to the modem and the wifi isn't 100%..
  3. xxf1sh3rxx

xxf1sh3rxx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    hahaha u mean ur router?
  4. jimorna

jimorna New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, thats why its 10x faster on a laptop which is atleast 5 metres further away. ffs.
  5. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ive been on vacation since the upgrade, and used some wifi networks, honestly, dono if its the network, or 3.0, but i know that the 3g connection is MUCH faster. I'm wating till i go home in 2 days to finaly decide if im gonna downgrade or not. As for the "hit Shift+Restore, then selected 2.2.1" part, im not sure if thats the CORRECT way, but i did it on both my itouch, and iphone (downgraded from the GM, then updadted to the public 3.0) and didnt really notice anything wrong.