Slow / Lagging / Freezing iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guestiee, Aug 2, 2010.

1. guestiee

guestiee New Member

Hi everyone. New member from the UK here.

I am using a non-jailbroken iPod Touch 2g. It has developed a nasty string of habits that are now consistently happening. The most prevalent being:

1) The iPod lags on any kind of text input. For example if I am typing in a search on the spotlight, the keypad will show immediately, however when I press the first key the screen will freeze. I can continue to press the rest of the keys and in around 10-15 seconds the display will update with my typed word. Annoying lag.

2) The iPod refuses to play ANY music/videos/YouTube videos. I press play however the counter remains at 0 seconds, then 2-3 seconds later the option to press play reappears.

I have tried DFU restoring to the latest os4 firmware however the issues remain. Can anybody give me any suggestions please? Short of putting a hammer to it!

Thanks in advance,

Matt
  2. sPod

sPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    so you completely restored it to factory settings and updated?
  3. guestiee

guestiee New Member

Hi there,

Yes, I forced it into DFU. Then iTunes downloaded the latest firmware (315mb) and installed that.
  4. sPod

sPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    then you probably would want to clear up some space on your ipt because thats all that i can think of
  5. guestiee

guestiee New Member

Thanks for reply again. But yeah I did consider that. After I restored it from scratch I only put one song on and no apps/photos/videos etc. Problem still exists.

Certainly a puzzler!
  6. moonman239

moonman239 Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    If your iPod is still under warranty, take it in to the Apple Store and get a replacement.
  7. ItsAirWick

ItsAirWick Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Did it drop at all? My brother dropped his iPhone, not the iPod Touch, but and iPhone and it started to lag a little.
    I agree with MoonMan239. If its still under warranty, take it to the apple store to get a replacement.
  8. ahonorstudent

ahonorstudent New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I have the same problem sometimes, but more severe, the app usually crashes on mine. Try rebooting it a few times, it works for me.

~~Hope that helps.
  9. fly1ngguitar

fly1ngguitar Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try restoring. if that doesn't help, take it to apple.