slovix.com/touchfree/jb/ vs. jailbreakme.com

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by felixnrv, Oct 31, 2007.

1. felixnrv

felixnrv New Member

Hey all together
    A lot happened in the last week
    There are 2 automatic no computer need jailbreaks in the web.
    slovix.com/touchfree/jb/ and jailbreakme.com.
    Now I wanted to ask what are the differences and which one you think is the better one.
    Which works safer, which one brings more, which one makes the most after work.
    Thanks a lot for any answer
  2. TJd

TJd New Member

I used slovix and it worked perfect! It installs installer and ssh. I am also hearing that jailbreakme is giving people problems so u should definetly use slovix. good luck and enjoy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I used jailbreak me. I think jailbreak me just installs the installer app whereas slovix installs SSH also. It just depends how useful that is to you. Upon first jailbreaking using jailbreak me, i noticed crashes whenever i tried to do anything, however upon restarting my ipod everything was fine and worked with no problems. I suspected this was just due the system needing a reboot after applying the changes.
  4. Dark Jordan

Dark Jordan New Member

Jailbreakme worked the first time, but then I restored and it wouldn't work afterwards. But then I used Slovix and it worked fine.
  5. gbeebe

gbeebe New Member

I would use slovix, just because of the SSH install.
    But, as mentioned above, it depends how important SSH is to you.

Plus, slovix has a history of producing working jailbreaking techniques.
  6. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

jailbreakme.com is more minimal.

Functionally, we do much the same thing, but I think that it's more sensitive to network issues as it requires raw sockets. Basically, rezn would've had to code or modify a server, which frankly isn't going to be as stable as just hosting a few files on a web server, which is what I do. I think that's what we've been seeing with its downtime. That kind of thing shouldn't brick your touch, though, just make you unable to use the site.

jailbreakme.com also seems to require the installation of the BSD Subsystem, which is a rather lengthy install, for even iPong to work (reportedly). Mine doesn't.

It also seems to (sometimes?) patch lockdownd on the iPod touch, which is only necessary for iPhone activation. This has the effect of making the touch unrecognizable by any computer (after you reboot the iPod the first time after running jailbreakme.com).

Granted, my version also had some trouble with reboot, but that is hopefully fixed. The last incident of the bug I noted in the last paragraph was reported to me yesterday night in IRC. I personally know of three people it has happened to: two people on IRC and myself the first time I ran jailbreakme.com.

I've been trying to reach rezn for the last few days to report this bug, but he's disappeared. So therefore, I don't know for sure whether my analysis is accurate, or if he has since fixed the problems, or anything. I've notified pumpkin and some other ops at his usual IRC hang-out so hopefully he'll fix the problems soon. I really want to chat with him and debrief, and hopefully learn from each other so we can release a better version together (the problem with MINE is that I can't test it on an iPhone since I don't own one: Frustrating).

P.S. If people keep having trouble accessing jailbreakme.com (since it seemed to be down when I tried it this afternoon), would people mind digging mine up as an alternate solution? I hate doing publicity.

P.P.S. For more advanced users, prospective iPhuc'ers, and people who might want to use other (on the computer) utilities after jailbreak, jailbreakme.com is so minimal that it doesn't even modify lockdown's Services.plist to allow over-the-cable root access. It truly does JUST install Installer.app.
  7. mryncrz

mryncrz New Member

used slovix to jailbreak mine.. its working perfectly! well.. i installed a game (forgot the name) i think its tap tap? where in u tap with a music.. everytime i play that game it crashes. so far thats the only problem ive encountered.. you can always uninstall it though

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    as planet said, JBME is minimal. Slovix, the one I used, is better for a little-less advanced users like I was when I did it.
  9. Chawiz

Chawiz New Member

Im Also Super Coooooonfused About This Jailbreaking Stuff..

I am totally clueless about this slovix site.. My bf was able to do it, but I wanted to try it out on my own but i dont know if I did it right.. i mean YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A GENIOUS to install INSTALLER and the ssh.. but my BF's ipod looked soo much prettier than mine with all the new programs he installed.. ... I dont know how to add all these kool games.... HOW DO I DO IT???
  10. Chawiz

Chawiz New Member

One More Thing...

now that i've installed "INSTALLER" is there a way that I can UN-install it??????