Slightly Worried About 3.1.3 and New iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DizzyEwok, Feb 4, 2010.

1. DizzyEwok

DizzyEwok New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Right, so,
    As i've said in a couple of threads, I've just ordered my new iPod Touch 3G 32GB, and it was dispatched today.
    I checked iPTF this afternoon and saw this notice:
    http://www.ifans.com/2010/02/04/apple-stops-signing-os-3-1-2/
    What i'm worried about is, whether or not i'll be able to jailbreak my iPod, or even if it will come with 3.1.3? Is that possible?
    Thanks,
    -DizzyEwok
  2. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would highly doubt it would come with 3.1.3, as it would be unlikely your iPod was actually built within the last 2 days (iPods are built in china, then shipped for storage in the country you live).
    This would be even more definite if you didn't buy the iPod directly from Apple.

Assuming you do have 3.1.2, you can jailbreak with Blackra1n, although it will be tethered.
  3. DizzyEwok

DizzyEwok New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's what i was thinking.
    But if Apple No longer sign 3.1.2 then doesn't that mean i can't restore to it?
  4. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm, im unsure.

I would have thought that if your iPod came with 3.1.2, and you had a 3.1.2 .ipsw saved on your PC, you could always doe a shift-restore to that firmware. You can get the firmware file here.
  5. DizzyEwok

DizzyEwok New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But I thought that Apple had stopped signing 3.1.2, meaning that when I try and restore, when it gets to the "verifying" bit, it will mess up and say that its not a valid restore, won't it?
  6. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    That is right. To be honest, I didn't know too much about the firmware signing stuff, but i read up on it today. Unless you back up your SHSH ECID (which you obviously haven't as you don't have the iPod yet), you will be unable to restore to anything other than apple's latest offering.

This sucks for me too, as I didn't back up my keys. Cydia didn't show me the link to do it, and until today i didn't really understand the process.

Hopefully RedSn0w will be updated soon to jailbreak 3.1.3. I hoping I don't have to restore until then :fingers-crossed:
  7. lakerol

lakerol Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ibizaGTi , on my situation, i just bought 3g 32gb MC serial, i updated to 3.1.3 cause apple kept on prompting out, and now im slightly dissapointed that i cant jailbreak, any ways to downgrade my firmware?.
  8. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not unless you backed up your SHSH ECID through Cydia or Rock... You'll just have to wait it out unfortunately.
  9. DizzyEwok

DizzyEwok New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But if my iPod comes with 3.1.2 pre installed, then surely I can prevent the update, so i don't have to restore?
  10. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, you can choose to not update now, but if you evern need to restore your iPod, you will only be able to go to 3.1.3 (or whichever firmware apple is signing at that time).