Slider text?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SrH420, Jan 20, 2008.

1. SrH420

SrH420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I figured this was the right place to ask about it. Can anyone give some insight on how to change the slider text?
  2. iAndrew

iAndrew New Member

I don't have an iPod touch yet, but from what I understand you install the "customize" application on your iPod. Then open it, and go to the subcategory "Springboard Strings" and you will be able to change it there. Of course this only works with a jailbroken iPod with installer.

No need to SSH your iPod :]
  3. SrH420

SrH420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Meh. Worked. Didnt even think to try somthing so simple. Thanks.
  4. cruchi

cruchi New Member

I go to springboard strings change something and nothing happends , waht is ?
  5. kawasakizx636

kawasakizx636 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    all u have to do is open up customize, then go down to springboard strings, then type in whatever besides "unlock" at the bottom. u can also change other stuff here too.
  6. SuBm@rU

SuBm@rU New Member

Hi,
    I tried to change the "slide to unlock" string using Customize, but it doesn't work. I think it's a language problem, because my Touch is in Italian and the real string is "sblocca", so I think is a sort of Customize not able to find the string.
    How can I do it manually ? Or whatelse ?
    Thanks
  7. alirz

alirz New Member

i chanaged the text in the " spring board strings" for the "slide to unlock"
    but it does not seem to be keeping the change@!!! spring board restarts but the test is the same original one... and if i go back to customize i see the orignal text there!????
  8. touching

touching New Member

turn your ipod into english, or donload the italien springboard strings frome thw owi source.
  9. alirz

alirz New Member

how did u get it to work.I changed the text in customize but it doesn save the change and reverts to the orignal text! do i need to do something with the backp file on the ipod??