Slide your Dock

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Ligart, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Ligart

Ligart New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can anyone make a ''slide dock''? let me explain a little
    as everyone now the dock can have 4 icons or 5 if you install that app
    and as you remember you change the pages and thinks like the coverflows ''sliding'' it so if you can do that with the dock i think we can get like 8 icons or maybe more on the dock but whe see 4 or 5 or less per time... then just slide your dock and you can see the rest of your apps

i called it ''slide dock'' just to find a way to call the idea but the name isnt my decision or maybe it is but im not that original so you can choose the name
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This could be nice. But why not just have the icons on pages? Defeats the purpose of the dock.

Lol wow.
  3. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

It does defeat the purpose of the dock.
  4. dualBang

dualBang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe have a dock where you can have like 8, then you slide the dock, and you reveal the other 4 (You could maybe slide it with 2 fingers so that you can hide stuff on the other 4... then people who dont know about it cant get to the hidden ones

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  5. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you just killed the dock
  6. Ligart

Ligart New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    not exactly...
    some people like to have the apps hidden or in the ''categories'' or the ''sbsettings'' and not only for hide apps, it could be useful for other moments so why not have apps like winterboard, installer, cydia, bossprefs, music, settings, and other useful thinks like that on the dock? and at the same time it will be solving the threads about more icons on the dock
    i dont know if im explaining myself but if you have questions just ask, in fact we can suggest ideas or things... i just put the base idea and some stuff that you ask but if you decide to create the app then i think its fair that you decide other details that you want on this app
    In other words its a way to have more icons on the dock without the problems of the bad way that looks like, so you got the apps you want on the dock but they look great and not as 8 icons overfilling the dock
    and for those who say ''you killed the dock''
    if you dont like the idea just dont install it
    thats a cool idea