Slide to unlock images....

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by lfmasieri, Nov 18, 2007.

1. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

Hello, Im sorry, I have searched and searched and haven't found this out.. well, I open photoshop and made some new slide to unlock images and then putted them into my ipot, I select them, but they don't work, the permissions are ok and I even just replace a letter on one of the ones I got from the internet, and as soon as I saved it as a PNG file and place it on the ipot, when I select it, it wont work :S why????
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

are you using customize?

try this: rename the unlock slider "bottombarknobgrey" and the power off slider "bottombarknobred"
    make sure they're both .png files.
    ssh into your ipod and go to system/library/coreservices/springboard
    put them in the springboard.app folder (normally its an app, but if you ssh into your ipod it shows up as a folder) and reboot your ipod. youll notice that the power off slider is already changed. when you turn your ipod back on the unlock slider will be different too.
  3. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

Thanks for that... but It didnt worked out :s still shows the last Image I putted using customize... the thing is that when I use images that someone else made, they work, but if I change them, even just the color, and place them on my ipod, they wont work :S

here's an example.. i got this pic

Please Register or Log in to view images

and edited as this, and it wont work

4. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

Please helpppppp

Anyone got an answer?????
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

yeah all of a sudden my custom sliders wont work either, even on 1.1.1. maybe its a fix apple snuck in somehow and it got added on the next sync. maybe theres 2 springboard.apps. ill figure it out...
  6. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

I got the answer to all the problems!!!!

finally I figure it out!. 2 things to take into consideration:

1. Saving: Then under the file menu choose "Save for Web & Devices" (CS3) or "Save for Web" (earlier verisons). Under "Presets" choose "PNG24" and keep "Transparency" checked.
    2. Naming: When naming your file, dont put any spaces in the name... IT WONT WORK

After you done all that... just place it under the iPot customize folder where u want it to be.. if u dont know what Im talking about, just ask me and ill explain it to you... LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR YOU TOO!!!!!!

THANKS TO MINDFIELD FOR THE SAVING TRICK! He's the man!

7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    WHat do we call it if we want it to be in our theme? is that possible?
  8. lfmasieri

lfmasieri New Member

r u using customize? cause I tried to putted under my themes.. and didnt worked out, I think u need to put it under backup ONLY :s
  9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea, it works through customize. i was just trying to build it into my theme haha.