sleep/wake button wont work (help!)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fifo2711, Nov 24, 2007.

1. fifo2711

fifo2711 New Member

the touch will not respond to the sleep/wake button anymore. i have not dropped it. it has been jail breaked (so i cant but apple for help).

has anyone else had this problem? can anybody think of a solution?

(sorry for posting if this topic has been brought up before. i have searched both google and this site, and have wound up empty handed)
  2. fifo2711

fifo2711 New Member

ok, I've found this thread on the apple ipod touch forums which implies that the sleep/wake button not working is a hardware problem. therefore i need to restore the touch so that i can take it back to apple to have them fix/replace/whatever it.

the problem now is that, to restore the touch, the sleep/wake button must be used.

is there any other way to restore the ipod?
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

You don't need the sleep/wake button to restore the Touch. It does the rebooting by itself.
  4. fifo2711

fifo2711 New Member

so all i need to do to restore my ipod to a un-hacked state is click the restore button in itunes?

i do not need to follow the instructions detailed in the thread: HOW TO: Force iPod into restore mode.
  5. Nick

Nick New Member

yeah, just plug it into iTunes, and hit the Restore Button.
    The forced reboot is used if the iPot is bricked or something, which urs isnt. good luck bro. tell us how it goes.
  6. fifo2711

fifo2711 New Member

sweet! the restore worked (took quite a long time). now it's off to the apple store to see what can be done.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. fifo2711

fifo2711 New Member

so when i took the touch to the apple store, they simply attempted to restore the device to ensure the error was not software related. also, i saw a few screens pop up on the touch that i had never seen before, while it was connected to there computer. once the restore was complete, having not fixed the problem, they gave me a new touch.

as far as i can tell they did not detect that the device had gone through the jailbreak process.

i think I'll hold onto this, un-voided warranty ipod, until apple releases there sdk.
  8. Nick

Nick New Member

wow, nice!! congrats on the new iPot.