Sleep/Wake button lag

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdreamer, Jul 15, 2008.

1. sdreamer

sdreamer New Member

Hi, first post, and this is my first iProduct ever. I was wondering about the sleep/wake button. I have 2.0, and it seems when I used the iPod touch (w/ 2.0) that the sleep/wake button instantly worked when pressed. Now it seems to lag, and sometimes just doesn't respond. This happened before, and AIM crashed a few times before that happened, so I figured I'd restore. That seemed to work, then Mail kinda froze on me when I tried applying a picture to a new contact from an email, and now it seems like it's the same as before. I'm wonder if this is caused maybe because from things crashing or does it just get like that after running a few apps?
    Oh, another thing, when it's locked it doesn't respond to the sleep/wake button now sometimes, I have to use the Home button to get the slide to unlock screen to pop up. As of right now it seems to be working fine. So is it the apps or because of a few freezes/crashes? Should I restore again? Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh the iPod is just 2 days old.
    Edit: Another question, figured I'll just ask here instead of making another thread... is it alright to charge the battery to full? I read somewhere (not aimed at the iPod touch, rather it's battery type) that the type of battery that the iPod touch has is better to be partially charged all the time instead of totally charging it to 100%; is this true? Also, is it alright to use the thing while it's charging, specifically for wifi? Thanks again.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's sad to hear, but lagginess has become almost synonymous with 2.0.

I'd restore it again and see what happens.

Welcome to the Forums! If you need further help, feel free to PM me.
  3. sdreamer

sdreamer New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to restore it in a couple minutes again and see how that goes. I've read that 2.0 is laggy and a bit buggy, but I really like the AIM app and using it around the house (no more tied to my computer). Also added another question to the thread too.
  4. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Its quite all right to charge the iPod to full capacity; I've been doing that for 6 months and my battery is still running strong. It is actually a bit beneficial to charge early and often (unlike cell phones).

You can use the iPod normally while it is charging.
  5. sdreamer

sdreamer New Member

Alright thanks again for the speedy reply. Just didn't want the thing to explode or something while charging it, lol. Does tend to get warm, but I believe that's expected. Thanks again.
  6. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, the iPod heats up a bit while charging, and to counteract this you can turn off wifi and close apps. However, that is not necessary, but the iPod will charge faster.

Remember, some applications - like Mail, and Safari continue to use resources and run even after you press the Home button. Be sure to hold the Home button for 5 seconds to close the apps completely if you are done using them.
  7. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Where did you hear about the 5 second thing? Because i have been using my ipod touch for a long time now, and i have never heard of that...
  8. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I got it from this age-old thread.
  9. sdreamer

sdreamer New Member

Wow, was wondering if apps actually closed. Thanks for that tip!