Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by khalilfk, Oct 5, 2007.

1. khalilfk

khalilfk New Member

Hi everybody this is my first post here!

I have noticed that nobody has mentioned Skype in the post here so I would like to share that with everyone.

If u need to use Skype go to s4iphone.com, u can check the presence of your friends, chat and make calls but the later will need you to use your mobile as the service need a number to make a call back to and that can cost you Skype credit, depending on your Skype plan.

Hope that was useful!
  2. suedehead

suedehead New Member

can I use my home phone number or do I have to use my cell phone?
  3. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Erm.. these forums are for iPod Touch not the iPhone. The iPod Touch doesn't have bluetooth like the iPhone so that website is useless for iPod Touch owners...

Thanks anyway
  4. suedehead

suedehead New Member

skype touch

excuse me, but the skype site says explicitly that it works for phone/touch.
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. Pyrofer

Pyrofer New Member

I cant find anything about Skype for iPod/phone at all on the site.
    Where did you see that because im pretty sure apple locked skype out specificaly to maintain revenue for the carriers!
    There is no way to install any app on the iPod Touch yet, let alone unsupported voip!
    Wait, I see the program you're on about now. It probably only supports IM not voip for the touch.
    No way im typing my username and password into their server though.
  7. suedehead

suedehead New Member

skype touch

You can IM, but you can also receive calls to your cell or home landline-- for a fee. Making outgoing calls is just a matter of having the right accessory; and they do have headsets with a mini-jack that should work. Outside of that, you should be able to receive notice that someone has called you via your skype account. The software mounts on your home Mac, not on your phone or touch. It's still in beta for Mac, but the full version should be out soon.
  8. khalilfk

khalilfk New Member

Answering confusions!

I want to clarify a few points:

1. This is a beta web-based app for iPhone and iPod touch.

2. The calls are made by a call back technique using Skype Out credit so any phone (mobile or fixed) can be used beside the iPod to make a call.

3. The company (Shape services) behind that has been recently certified by Skype, so I think it should be safe to use this app.
  9. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

so, once there's a bluetooth adapter, i can use my home line to make calls in a hotspot...?
  10. khalilfk

khalilfk New Member

This app doesn't need bluetooth at all, you just need your iPod,wi-fi and your mobile or land line telephone.. if you want to make a call.