skype on IPT323G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gaura Mohana, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi there
    I was just wondering how skype works on a Ipod Touch 32gb 3d Gen.
    Does it allow voice calls?
    And most importantly, does it allow SkypeOut (calling to phone numbers)

Also will the quality of the call be similar to a computer? Or worse?

PS- I do know that i need Credit on skype...
  2. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As far as I know yes, it all works on the iTouch 3rd Gen, with the following caveats:

You'll need to use the nasty apple headphones that came with your iTouch, or buy a set of headphones that include a microphone. This will allow you to use voice chat.

I've never tried the Skype out facility, but there is the keypad to allow dialling this way. When I try it says I have no credit, so I presume this is no problem if you have the credit.

As for sound quality, its not bad, but will obviously depend on the quality of net connection you have, the quality of mic/headphones you use etc. But with a good connection it is as good as skype on your computer
  3. steve1711

steve1711 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have iTouch 2nd Gen and it works very well. Use it all the time when on holiday abroard. Sound quality is as good as using a mobile phone. Use wifi for free in many airports - Geneva give you an hour free when you arrive. Also McDonalds give free wifi all over Europe. Signal usually extends well outside the building so you don't even have to go inside and buy something!

Earbuds and mic were £10 on Amazon and have lasted over 2 years so far.
  4. Gaura Mohana

Gaura Mohana New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got a 3g 32gb, and one of the first things i tried was skype through ad-hoc on my 128kbps internet connection. The call quality was pretty good/much better the on my copmuter....

really hope the quality stays for when i need it

Please Register or Log in to view images