Skype on Fring on iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by suedehead, Oct 3, 2008.

1. suedehead

suedehead New Member

Skype on Fring works on iTouch. Download Fring from iTunes App store, under "social networking" apps. Free app. No jailbreaking required. Works on G1 and G2 Touch. All you need for G1 is a microphone that connects through the doc. Touchmods seesm to be the most readily available and reliable.

There is a "Sykpe OUt" button and a dial pad to make calls. I have called several numbers on my contact list and connected and heard people speaking. If anyone could test this app with a microphone and confirm that you can speak and be heard on on the other end, I would appreciate it, as I do not have a microphone yet.
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    dloading now will try it
  4. japanime

japanime New Member

I own two Touchmods mics. Unfortunately, they don't work under 2.0 firmware.

The last thing I'd call Touchmods is "reliable." They've completely dropped the ball on supporting their mic under 2.0, and all their leader (Marian) seems interested in doing is arguing with people who visit his blog.

I feel like a fool for having donated nearly $100 to their "team" to support their reasearch and development.
  5. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well fring didnt work out to well for me but thats just me hope you guys have better chances
  6. stressedipod

stressedipod New Member

Touchmods microphone

The touchmods microphone just does not work with v.2.1. I have called several numbers on my fring contact list and the same as you I get connected and heard people answering the call. I've tested this app with the micophone and I can confirm that you cannot speak or heard on the other end. It's a shame really. I've tried many ways just to get it working, I've jailbroken my ipod and still does not work. It's very frustrating.
  7. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mics don't work for iPod Touch 1g only 2g.

It works perfectly fine with my 2g

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. loaf-

loaf- New Member

What the hell is an iTouch
  9. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 New Member

Ignorant morons use "iTouch" instead of what it really is "iPod Touch". I see this in reviews as well. All over the damn interwebz and it pisses me off. It's an iPod Touch NOT iTouch! Get it? Good.
  10. nestoloco

nestoloco New Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015ADWMW

I love this headset. it works very good. I don't have skypein though. So I don't know if it works with Skypein. I want to sign up for it, but I want to be sure I'll be able to talk on it.