Skype and Sprint, a Match Made in Heaven?

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Jul 29, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Makes you wonder, is voip over a 3g network the future of cellphones? I mean its definately cheaper than actual minutes - and you can do many free services like texting over the same 3g, so either people are going to change over to using these services over 3g, or the providers themselves are gonna change by making calls go over 3g instead of how it is now
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I doubt it. After all, '3G' as we know is on its way out; it is being replaced by LTE, WiMax, and HSPA+ (hope I got all those right). But there will always be a huge segment of the market who just wants a phone number, like always.
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    $62.98 is cheaper, but it sure as hell isn't cheap.
  5. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    as soon as all the big players abandon their 3g towers/frequency, there is going to be an explosion of either new or the current cheapy cell providers, pretty much all the pay as you go ones.
  6. TREYisRAD

TREYisRAD Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, that is the most expensive it could get. and 7500 minutes is over 5 days of talking :O
  7. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well this is great! I hope Verizon get on the same boat! Better yet, Someone better hack into this to make it work for Verizon since they both share the same network. Hehehe. I can hear job crying.... I swear the sales for the iPod touch will soar and the iPhone will deplete so fast Apple will no more make the iPhone 'carrier friendly'.
  8. kurt178

kurt178 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Cheaper to get an EGG an carry that around with you. Basically sprint is selling an egg attached to your phone. 60 bucks for that?that's crazy. It's 20 bucks a month for the egg in Korea. How much in the states?
  9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    5 dollars?

JK. but it depends on the carrier here. like for me it is I want to say 150 a month? (verizon with the family 1500 anytime minutes with unlimited data for the father and unlimited texting for everone else.)
  10. jonestucker321

jonestucker321 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    cant wait. i hope this thing comes to verizon cause i dont think my parents are going to move to at&t just because i want an iphone. this would be just as good as getting an iphone. the only bad part is that it doesnt have a camera built into it... or does it?????