Skype and Microphone Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tidus575, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Tidus575

Tidus575 New Member

Ok so i used to have my ipod touch 2G jailbroken, but when the 3.0 software came out i never got around to rejailbreaking. I just bought a Monster iSoniTalk microphone today to use skype on the ipod but its not working the way it should. Basically my music keeps cutting in and out randomly and its even changing songs at random which is forcing my calls to drop and i can't use the microphone for more than 10 seconds without something going wrong. sometimes it even says there is nothing attached.

Heres my real question: If I had my ipod jailbroken before, and it is now not, is that causing my issue or is there a hardware issue with the microphone jack on my ipod that is causing the problem?
  2. PurpleRa1n

PurpleRa1n Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    if the ipod works fine without the microphone then most likely its a hardware issue.

if the ipod doesn't work without the microphone then most likely you need to restore to 3.0 again and start over

why don't you just use the bluetooth on the 2g and get a bluetooth headset to use with skype?