Skylar - Fontswap support - por favor (or anyone else!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by one1, Dec 15, 2008.

1. one1

one1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2.2 unlocked, jailbroken 2G 8gb

Stuck on boot logo after hitting "install and relaunch fontswap" rather than "install and respring".

Connected through bonjour SFTP right now. Tried replacing CGFontCache.plist as Skylar has described in the past.... no luck.

So, deleted fontswap.app and var/mobile/library/fontswap.app then grabbed the CGFontCache.plist from one of my other iPhones and replaced it........ still no love.

What do I have to do to get the phone to just think normally and ignore the changes made by fontswap? I have 5 phones here I can ssh into so I can get any file structure I need. Just tell me which one.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    if you go into the library/fontswap/ place, copy the helvetica.tff and helveticabold.tff files in the "normal" folder and put them back into the System/Library/Fonts/

i think that worked for me..
  3. one1

one1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It worked!

Thanks so much.

You're very appreciated. I've been hacking FW since 1.0.2 and that one had me stumped......

PS- Skylar- PLEASE remove that option from the menu on font swap. Just give it a respring button only!

4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I did not make FontSwap on 2.2, and I have nothing to do with FontSwap on 2.2. Please email the creator of the application. The email can be found in the application's description in Cydia.