skyhook navizon?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by berky93, Jan 18, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I have navizon, and it sucks. it never can find me. but I just checked the map on skyhooks website and they voer a huge radius around my town, so I figure im better off with that. however, Id rather not lose my jailbreak. so im wondering if theres a way to get a navizon-esque positioning thing for 1.1.1/1.1.2 but that usese skyhooks service instead

(skyhook is what apple uses, if you don't know)
  2. ricthar

ricthar New Member

I don't know about navizon, however I have the new apps and it can't find me in Tampa with full coverage all around. If I were you I would probably wait a little while until they work the bugs out.
  3. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

The skyhook system has worked for me a few times, but more often than not it can't determine my location. Other times, it's given me a location that is multiple blocks if not miles away from my actual position. I don't know about large commercial downtowns, but in my heavy suburban environment it isn't performing as well as i'd like. ;-) Maybe they'll up funding to remapping after gaining apple as a customer.