Skyburger Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by charlieiscool12, Jun 7, 2009.

1. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, and welcome to my second review. This time around I'm reviewing the app, Skyburger, made by Nimblebit. I'll be covering the main aspects of the game, and giving it stars based upon it's performance. So here we go!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Skyburger
    Price: $1
    Size: 4.2 mb
    Link

Object of the game

The object of the game in Skyburger is to get all of the ingredients needed for the burger you are building. The game has the same concept as Scoops, also made by Nimblebit, but the gameplay and graphics are a bit better. The game gives you a list of ingredients that you need and then drops them from the top of the screen. your job is to catch all of the needed ingredients and top it off with a bun.

Interface

When you open the game, a screen that shows you multiple options greets you.

To play the game, just press play! It will start you off on a level. The career mode displays a lot of info including how much money have accumulated and the hours you have played.

There are also special badges that you can unlock for doing certain things.
    There are an unknown ammount of levels in the game, and it gets harder and harder as you progress. When you start a level, it tells you the ingredients you need, and then off you go!

The orders get larger and the items fall faster. You lose the game when you catch a bun before catching all the needed ingredients. Sounds easy right? Well, it’s not. According to the global high scores, only one person has completed a level higher than 20…. He got to 21….

Gameplay and Controls

The game controls are very simple. Tilt the device to catch the items you need. Like I said, it has the exact same gameplay as Scoops, so if you liked Scoops, you'll like this.

Replay Value

The game is fun enough. But like most pick up and play games, there’s not much to do with it. Like Pocket God and Doodle jump, you get bored of it. But, for a dollar, you can’t complain.

Overall

Overall it’s a great game. Not the best I’ve ever seen, but it will provide you with just as much fun as any of the other $1 games. The best part of the game is probably when you get a Skyburger, which basically means… GO CRAZY! Everything is an ingredient, so see how high you can get!

My Ratings

Graphics: 8/10 – The graphics are cartoony and great!
    Gameplay: 7/10 – The game is fun, but I can see where improvements could be made
    Sound: 6/10 – The same song loops over and over and melts your brain cells
    Replay value: 7/10 – Gets boring, but it’s fun for a good long while.

TOTAL: 7/10 – Great game and worth the buck!

Attached Files:

2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Pretty good review here

For the link to it in iTunes, you should make it like this:

Link: Skyburger
  3. charlieiscool12

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm afriad I have no idea how to do that
  4. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Highlight the text you want to link and then press the insert link button (looks like Earth with a paperclip).
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice review. A Scoops clone?
  6. charlieiscool12

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Echnically it's not, since it's made by the same company as scoops, but it's basically an upgraded version of scoops