Skullcandy's Ink'd worth a switch?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by aaron1006, Jan 13, 2009.

1. aaron1006

aaron1006 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First off, I own a pair of Sony's MDR EX-75's.(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1231884683&sr=8-1&seller=) I am satisfied with the sound, but one thing really bugs me about them. The cord is either too short or too long, and when I say this I am meaning that it comes with an extension cord. Without the cord my iPod would have to be like on my shoulder i.e workout bands. With the extension it is super long, and the point where the extension cord plugs in is heavier than the whole cord causing it to droop which is very bothersome. Recently I checked out a headphone review, and to my surprise I had seen Skullcandy's Ink'd (http://www.target.com/Skullcandy-Bu...rget&rh=k:skullcandy ink'd earbuds&page=1) rated quite well for being only $16. (That review was here...http://www.ifans.com/forums/...d.php?t=127210)

I would like to here other's inputs on if I should switch to the Skullcandy's or not. Also if you know of any other all-around good, affordable in-ear earphones in the price range of $20-$40 please post with the name of them. Thanks

Also are any of the other Skullcandys in my price range any better than the ink'd
  2. Dark-Moon

Dark-Moon New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i actually have those skullcandy headphones and to tell you the truth, i love them, the way they feel does not bother me at all, and im really sensitive to stuff like that, the sound is great and i cannot complain about them, i think all skullcandy headphones are the shisnit.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Couldn't you save up a tiny bit more and get some decent headphones? Skullcandy are a fashion statement, not a sound quality expert.
  4. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I love mine, and they are soo cheap! I love the sound and it cancels out side noise. Worth getting for sure!
  5. ispyt2

ispyt2 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Those Sony's MDR EX-75 should solve the cable length problem some complain about when using the Philips Mic.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I was actually surprised by my Skullcandies. I have the Smokin' Buds, and although it's definitely not the best brand for audio quality, they do a fantastic job for the price. Remember that, though. You're getting what you pay for, so don't expect to be blown away by what you hear.
  7. aaron1006

aaron1006 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the input guys, I think I will probably end up buying a pair, they are only $16 after all
  8. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

JVC Marshmallows are much better.

$13 on Amazon.
  9. Tylertut

Tylertut New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you can get some koss headphones for 25$ that are relatively good
    better than skullcandies i believe
  10. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    +1. These are definitely better than Skullcandy, and the addition of having the foam tips in which many high end manufacturers use is also a plus.