skullcandy skullcrushers opinion?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by flipboi2damax, Feb 12, 2010.

1. flipboi2damax

flipboi2damax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so I am leaning towards buying a pair but i keep getting mixed reviews. I am not willing to spend over 100$, and i wanted a lot of bass. So I searched around and came up with the skullcrushers. I am not a HUGE sound freak, and was just wondering what you guys think of them, or reviews from people who have them.
  2. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I owned a pair.

The bass is definately there, but speaker quality is very lacking. The bass covers up the low-quality-ness. But, if you turn the bass down, all you hear is crackling and noise or maybe a hint of song playing. I would advise against them, or really anything skullcandy. They are like the "cool" brand everyone who "doesnt care about sound, just looks" have.

Not worth it.

And they are uncomfortable.

The only ones I found comfortable from Skull-candy were the SK-Pros. But those are $150. The sound was decent I guess, but not comparable to cheaper headphones from other companies. It's just the look people go for when they choose Skull-candy, or they really don't know that they are just complete crap.
  3. flipboi2damax

flipboi2damax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea, I tried them on at my local best buy, and the sound quality sucked w/o bass, and when i did raise up the bass it was just vibration my head giving me a headache. I'm just gonna go with the beat spins by dre when they come out, or some nice solo's. I'm also leaning towards a pair of sennheiser HD 228. thanks for the help.
  4. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Don't get the solo's, EVERYONE I know that has them had their's broken so easily at the brackets on the band. All the ones I see at Best-buy are broken like that.

I wouldn't even try. The Studio headphones from Beats By Dre are much better quality. The Solo's are a joke.
  5. magina35

magina35 Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    yeah. its not comfortable. i also dont like its sound quality.
    what i like about it.. it tickles my friends ears when they first test it. hahaha

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    The Studios aren't even worth it, after a few mintues or even under a mintue of critical listening you will quickly realize they are not worth the price tag. Treble feels perma boosted, bass is bloated and drowns out the mids, what can I say, while they aren't totally horrid, they shouldn't be priced the way they are. To the OP, stay away, your probably better off with something from Sennheiser like you suggested.