Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket / iPod Touch inteference

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by braindeaf, Sep 4, 2009.

1. braindeaf

braindeaf New Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if I am going mad or not. We've just bought a new set of SkullCandy Full Metal Jacket headphones and intended using them with our iPod touch. They plug in fine and play music, for about 3 seconds before cutting out. We initially thought, damn there is a break in the cable but looking closer its not actually the audio cutting out. The iPod is stopping and starting and the volume level meter is moving as you twist the jack plug in the socket.

There is definitely some interference going on. I've tried googling to little avail, is there an issue with this at all or standard 3.5mm jack plugs in general and the iPod touch? Is it a software or hardware issue on the iPod touch that is responding to the headphones.

I can think where the interference is coming from, the metal casing on the jack adapter. The box itself says they are compatable with the iPhone, so I would assume they'd work as well with the touch or indeed any other audio device that has a mini-jack interface. Is this not the case? I assume the iPhone is basically a Touch with a phone although that is probably simplifying things.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.