skull candy

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by xFKSxSquirrel, Sep 11, 2009.

?

do you like them

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. maybe

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i just bought a pair of skull candy and i dont get why people hate them. i honetly like them better than any other head phones ive had. im listening to pink floyd the wall right now and it sounds amazing.

tell me what you guys think.
  2. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When you're a true audiophile who spends $200 or so on amazing headphones, the skullcandies sound like crap. But for most people it's fine
  3. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya trust me if i had the money for head phones that are 200+ then i would but right now im fine with just skullies

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You don't have to spend 200 dollars to find something better than skullcandy.

JVC
    NuForce
    Sennheiser

Good brands(off the top of my head) that offer choices that won't break the bank and at the same time will be better than skullcandies.
  5. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well im currently using my skullcandy smokin buds because my bose on ear headphones broke ( stupid headphone cords.. it has a detachable one but the short one broke this time and i cant take the soldering iron from my school home so its a work in progress ) but anyway, skullcandys are nothing to my bose headphones, but one costs 250, the other costs 30. Skullcandys sound perfectly fine, and most of you probably dont know this but skullcandy is one of the FEW companies that offer A LIFETIME WARRANTY on thier products!!!
    ive broken my smokin buds 4 times already, and all u pay is shipping to ship the headphones over to them... and if u have bigger ones, you only need to send the plug and u can keep the big part! shipping costs like 2$... and u get a brand new pair factory sealed for free

6. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Then you can break them, AGAIN, and pay 2 more dollars!

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't want a lifetime warranty on a sub-par product.

And FYI, Bose aren't that great either. Expensive, but not worth the asking price.
  8. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thats why i got skullies. they have a good sound(to me) and the warranty is great
  9. S.I.D. CrAzY

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If you're happy with them thats good, just responding to the original post as to why some people don't like them.
  10. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My Skullies do perfectly fine for me too. I don't want hard bass lines to be lost in the rest of the music, and the bass is nice and loud in my FMJs. It's all personal preference, really. Someday I'll give in to my inner audiophile and actually buy something else, but overall I agree that Skullcandies are bashed a little too much.