Skull Candy Ink'd Durability?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Torin_93, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I owned a pair of ink'd buds and really loved them! However I received them gently used off of my brother. I used them for a month or so but the wires shorted out and the buds became unusable! I would like to purchase new ones but I would like to not encounter this problem again! While storing these headphones in my pocket I unplug them from my ipod and gently wrap them in a loop inside my pocket. What are the chances my wires on a new pair of ink'd buds will wear out soon after purchasing them.

I really like these buds so please dont rag on them however I am open to sugestions to all cheap (-25$) headphones that sound great.
    Thank you!
    -Torin
  2. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    They are going to break within a couple months no matter what you do. That is what Skullcandies are known for.
  3. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well I would have hoped that out of the few reviews I have seen that they would have stated whether or not that was a problem!
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Skullcandies will break within two months of purchase. Trust me, I've owned two pairs.
  5. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Skullcandies break easily. I've owned 3 smoking buds, and 2 Heshes. They have a lifetime warranty, so just get a new pair free.
  6. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Trust me, Mine lasted 9 months. and Still worked great. Until my kitten bitten the wires up. And they work under water. I dipped them in a class of water, took them out, They sounded muffed, so i wacked them on a table, and they worked fine.
  7. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it depends how you use them, lots of people say they break easily but my friend's skullcandy is really old and still working.
    i have a pair of skullcandy FMJs, and its awesome. and i think on their website is says not to wrap it around the ipod.
    they also have lifetime warranty, so if they break just get a new pair for free, that is if you live in north america
  8. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i have a piar of gray ink'ed buds and there working great! i love them there working very well so far, and i havent had any issues or breaks occur
  9. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I bought a new pair of ink'd and they sound great...however I noticed that the packaging of the buds are wrapped tight with wire and I believe that sorta wears out the cords!
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I've been through 5. I love them to death, but they're simply terrible on durability. I just gave in and purchased some flaming red Sony's.