Skins comparision and Application - 3 skins

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by noobie, Nov 9, 2007.

1. noobie

noobie New Member

Intro:
    Purchased iPod Touch 16GB for Wife
    Hacked...Basher's script, iPhone Apps, Summerboard

Please Register or Log in to view images

I Love it.. even though it is not mine :-(

I will try to be brief...please feel free to ask any questions.
    First time poster, so i apologize in advance if the quality of the post is shabby.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The back got scratched so i tried out the skins. Sucessful and satisfied.
    Using BestSkinsEver for front, BodyGuardz for back.
    Tried the InvisibleShield, I loved it, she didnt like the rubbery feel, returned it and apple-touch.com credited my card promptly.

Comparision
    -----------
    1. InvisibleShield feels like the best quality. Feels rubbery though. Wife didnt like the rubbery feel.
    2. Both BodyGuardz and BestSkinsEver are smooth to the touch. Look just slightly less rough than InvisibleShield.
    3. Bodyguardz - comes in many pieces. Good for the back as it covers the Antenna great. She didnt like how the front was broken up and you could feel the edges.
    4. BestSkinsEver - Front is good and continuous. Back does not cover the edges as good.
    5. Both InvisibleShield and BodyGuardz have good coverage on the corners.
    6. InvisibleShield - The front is continuous like the BestSkinsEver.
    7. I recommend the InvisibleShield, but if you prefer the smooth texture (also smudges more), then BestSkinsEver for front and BodyGuardz for the back.
    8. I did not use the piece on the button. Bodyguardz does not come with it, the other two do.

Application
    -----------
    1. BestSkinsEver application guide is Excellent. the best method of all three.
    2. Immersing the skin in the solution ensures that the skin can be adjusted after it gets on the iPod.
    3. Also, wetting your fingers before handling the skin helps too.
    4. This way, i was left with no tiny air bubbles. Just 5-6 bubbles, about 1/4 inch, filled with the solution. These completely went away after 48 hrs. No such bubbles on the front.
    5. This method avoids the situation where, once the skin gets so close to the iPod it just seems to jump and grab the iPod, creating air bubbles. That was so frustrating.

CustomerService
    ---------------
    1. I messed up the 2 fronts that BodyGuardz came with (air bubbles). Sent an email to them over the weekend. NLU responded on sunday and mailed two new fronts on Monday, no charge. Very helpful. Standard free shippin is by USPS priority, Fast...
    2. apple-touch.com credited my card 5 days after mailing by USPS, standard. Fast and as promised.
    3. BestSkinsEver - Did not contact, Application guidelines are the best by far.

Overall, I am very happy with the skin combination i put on. Here are some amateur Photos....
    What look like 2 vertical scratches on the screen are just from my wiping down exercise.

Hope you find this post useful.

I got a lot out of this forum and wanted to share my experiences with all three skins.

Attached Files:

2. noobie

noobie New Member

I wanted to add.... The InvisibleShield feels more bulky than the other two.
    I am extremely please with the current combination that i have.
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks nice work thanks for the info