Skinning Stacks

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by reason2breathe, Dec 4, 2008.

1. reason2breathe

reason2breathe New Member

Right, well. I am attempting to change the 'speech bubble' type background that Stacks brings up if you have more than 5 apps in the stack ('grid view'), but as yet I haven't had any luck. I've searched everywhere on my device, and I've been able to change the cog button that links to the settings, and the icon that is displayed in the dock while stacks is open (the icons can be found in /Library/MobileStack in case you're interested), but i can't find the file anywhere... It must be somewhere, surely! I mean, after all, it is a graphic...

If anyone could help, that would be great.

Thank you very much!

Jonathan
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Iv left my laptop at work so I can't have a look but please do PM me if you find put how

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It's most likely positioned via css, and the color and shape are coded. You most likely would need to hex edit MobileStack.dylib to change the color.
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried hexing MobileStack.dylib, and I did a search for the HTML (is it HTML? it's the six-character one, like 6a6a6a) code of the color it currently uses, but it didn't come up with anything.
  5. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

It could be a hard-coded system color, such as Gray or LightGray.
  6. reason2breathe

reason2breathe New Member