Preview Sketchy Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by krisis, Feb 18, 2008.

1. krisis

krisis New Member

This is a original I guess you could say theme that i made from scratch last few hours. I made everything in this theme.... Tell me how you like it good or bad. 1-10 please.
    My first theme so be nice

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. heffer101

heffer101 New Member

its a nice theme, though i would never use it. Its just not my style. But otherwise i like the idea, though you could clean up the icons a bit more. Like on the weather icon, on the sun, you can see a piece of white, that you didn't clear up. Same goes with the maps, settings. But i like the theme. Its definitley a good start for a theme builder.
  3. yeah_boi

yeah_boi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree^^^ its a nice theme but I wouldn't use it. I'm sure others will love it though! 8.5/10
  4. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Some areas seem a little rough and scratchy. Besides that it's very nice and i love the idea where you make the icons curve at the right side.

5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    As posted above, it's not bad, but I wouldn't use it. I give it a 7/10.
  6. krisis

krisis New Member

Yeah I never really took a good look at it untill a little while ago. Last night i was bored and didnt know what todo so i made icons that were black and white and made the bg

I'm going to keep the background and make New icons because those ones are just simply ugly.
    What do you all thing about Glossy Circular icons With each a different color background?
  7. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    okay so i'll prob get yelled at for being mean but here goes

you made EVERYTHING from scratch? *glances at ttr, safari, maps, contacts icon* you got some skills

the edges of most of the icons (13 out of 16 in the pic) are incredibly pixelly and just terrible, and holy god what did you DO to that music icon

you really need to learn basic photoshop/rendering skills. [take the icons, zoom in to 1600%, go around the edges with polygonal lasso and (feather 1px if you want) delete] there are lots of other ways to do this involving the pen tool or somesuch but yeah

the photos icon is really stretched looking, i suggest redoing it. and the smbprefs icon gets cut off. the weather icon also gets cut off, you should get rid of the little white area on the topleft. the text on the notes icon should be fixed, it goes over the edge and the font looks rather weird with the theme.

the icons go over the edge of the little capsuley thinger on the right, you should make it bigger or make the icons smaller (make it bigger would be best or else you'd have to resize every icon D

so that's all i can see wrong with it. some color would be nice but maybe not

k bye
  8. krisis

krisis New Member

Hey I enjoy the honesty thanks for your feed back im going to make some new icons now
  9. oli_170

oli_170 New Member

no offence but none of that is from scratch. These are just pictures that you have desaturated and used something like magic wand to get rid of the background. Some icons you can see you have stretched and stuff. No offence. I just don't see how this was made from scratch at all. And the icons just look poorly made.