Size mismatch BigBoss Error

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by reason2breathe, Feb 3, 2009.

1. reason2breathe

reason2breathe New Member

I know there are some posts on Size Mismatch Errors already, but they are all long dead, and this happened to me today.

I updated to 2.2.1, tried jailbreaking via quickpwn, didn't work, DFU, restore etc, as you do, and then re-jailbroke, restored my ipod from the backup, worked fine, went to cydia, and i can download everything fine except from the BigBoss tool, where on EVERY package it comes up with an error/size mismatch pop-up. Sometimes, after i click the RETURN TO CYDIA button, it brings up a jokes webpage instead of the app info, which was VERY strange.

Anyone know whats up? Happened to anyone else? Is there a fix, and most importantly, what is with the jokes webpage!?

Thank you!
  2. DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop New Member

Just relax and try again later. Obviously Big Boss' website is down for some reason, or being slammed pretty hard. I suspect it's being slammed as an awesome new camera app for the iPhone was just announced and I'm sure thousands or more are trying to get it off Big Boss repository all at once.

Try again in a few hours.

I don't know what the joke's page is about, haven't experienced that myself.
  3. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I got about a gagillion emails now because of this.
  4. Nikoloz

Nikoloz New Member

Hi guys,

Same problem here, just updated to 2.2.1 and quipwn-ed the 16Gb 3G Iphone and I'm getting the "size mismatch" error only for BigBoss source..

Hope it's not related to the 2.2.1...

By the way, what's that video app you were talking about?

Cheers,
  5. DistortedLoop

DistortedLoop New Member

Actually, it could the iPod touch upgraders that are bringing down the site, not the video app I mentioned,
    ClearCam - read about it here: http://www.tuaw.com/2009/02/03/clearcam-improves-iphone-pix-with-a-catch/1#c16898796, though all are contributing to the site overload. I'd missed the jailbreak update news earlier.

The repository is just being slammed with too many connections. You can validate this by picking an app on Big Boss repository, and then clicking through to the details page. You'll see all kinds of html errors, including "too many connections."
  6. Nikoloz

Nikoloz New Member

Confirmed, Works again!!

Thanks guys
  7. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And can any one help me with this problem?

When I install a theme I got from winterboard, either the springboard crashes or it resets my homescreen layout
  8. reason2breathe

reason2breathe New Member

Nice one guys, thanks. I'll see whether I can survive clean for a while, and then give jailbreaking a go next week. No backgrounding though... It'll be tough...

Please Register or Log in to view images

And maybe (to the guy above) you could start your own thread? It'd probs get more views.

as for the problem, I haven't a clue! Try reinstalling winterboard maybe.