sites with errors

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RadicalxEdward, Sep 23, 2007.

1. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

As most of you know the iTouch includes a debug utility right on it. if you turn that on, it will show you html, javascript and css errors on which ever page you are on. as well as tips for improving functionality. just for sh*ts and giggles i went to facebook and logged in. iTouch said 1 tip. Went to myspace and logged in iTouch said 45 errors (yet only 17 on my actual profile page. ) (^_^)

How many errors can you find on mainstream sites?
  2. e-m00

e-m00 New Member

3. JuniorNA

JuniorNA New Member

Dude. I loaded up yahoo about a week ago, when I first found the debug utility. And I got about 20 errors just for loading the yahoo home page.

Not sure if it was because of the advertisements, or flash boxes on the page, but it was a lot.

If i leave debug mode on, i get about 10+ errors on any page I visit. And i've noticed that the ipod is very slow when browsing when compared to my laptop..my speeds are not the same.
  4. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

true, the mobile browser is NOT as fast as a full blown computer, due to the lower CPU speed, and the slower speed over the WiFi due to power saving features.
  5. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    on the apple site, by the iTouch video, they show it goes pretty good, is it fake, i most probably sound like a nut, but why is it like this, is the iPhone the same,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  6. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

Two things, one they probably pre-cache the pages, plus they go to decently designed, mostly text pages (ie not myspace), and two, they generally speed things up in post.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

what did he say?