Sirius XM iPhone App is Finally Here But is it Worth It?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by MrDennings, Jun 18, 2009.

1. MrDennings

MrDennings Banned

Sirius XM iPhone app is now live, streaming

Please Register or Log in to view images

It hasn't been Thursday too long, but as promised, Sirius XM's iPhone / iPod touch app has popped up in the iTunes app store, ready for your aural digestion. There's a 7-day free trial being offered, but yeah, eventually you're gonna have to pay.
    Now is it really worth to pay the extra 2.99 a month for a online subscription? Now that it's there, we might as well point out the app's got a 9+ rating for mild profanity and crude humor. Worth giving up Pandora, Last.fm, or any number of other free music streamers already available? That's your call, so go download and decide for yourself.

Now me personally use my Sirius radio all the time and its a grate App and even though its a free App you get to use it for 7 days free and after that you will have to pay 2.99 monthly fee to use there online radio
    witch i really dont think is right
    i think if you have a sirius radio in your car you should get the online for free
  2. olympicking

olympicking Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I don't think its worth it at all, why should their loyal customers pay an extra 2.99 a month, when for that price you can buy ooTunes and have all your xm stations, never having to pay any additional charges. Yes, the user interface is not as nice but when it comes down to it, it doesnt matter.....
  3. dvdguru

dvdguru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I already paid for a lifetime subscription and now they want another $2.99 a month? Forget that. Not to mention it doesn't even have the Stern show and many others on it. Lame...
  4. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thisbis great. Now I can listen to Howard stern without a stilleto.
  5. igeoffrey

igeoffrey Member

Device:
    iPad
    not worth it
  6. MrDennings

MrDennings Banned

what i have read online is that people are complaining to sirius XM about this and alot of people are saying there gonna stop using it cause its just not worth it
    ive also read there are some ways to get the online radios free im not sure how i havent done much research on that
    but ya i agree with dvdguru i think its bull sh*t i already pay my yearly payments for the radio in my car and i think if you pay for that you get the radio for free
  7. -wiseman-

-wiseman- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think its perfectly right as you need to pay a montly sub to listen however you listen to it (PC, Sat Radio etc...) so its totally right and tbh worth it.
  8. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

They took off the stern channels.
  9. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, some people get it free with their radios. I did.
  10. olympicking

olympicking Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    since we already pay why should we have to pay again when we can listen online for free....