sip-voip support now open xxxl released

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by D3fPo3t, Feb 7, 2008.

1. D3fPo3t

D3fPo3t New Member

http://touchmods.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/xxxl-free/

XXXL = Free!
    February 7, 2008 by touchmods

Dear iPhone owners,

finally we can provide you with iPhone support in our SIP-VoIP Application! The new application is released under the name “Siphon” (no “e” at end!) and is already available. However, since our first iPhone came as a donation from the French ADSL Provider Free (www.free.fr), the recent version of Siphon with iPhone support is temporarily locked to their service. Now, although Free is a French (European) provider, we do believe that many people will try out their service. We also know that many of you is now a little disappointed. As always: we will not let you down, but we also need to respect the ones who take us seriously and donate in time, ie. “before it works”! You need to understand our situation. The SW is downloadable from the free website:

Of course, there will be an open version released in some days so that everybody can test SIP on iPhones and iPod Touch. But. In order to be on the safe side (you know what we mean) this open version will be time-limited, ie. you can not use it till the end of the world. With this we would AGAIN ask SIP providers and other companies willing to support us (as free.fr did): Please contact us through “contact-aat-touchmods-doot-net.”

… and now some words to iPod Touch users:

there is also some good news for you: we are working on the integration/linking of the native Contacts application. That means the FUTURE version of our SIP-VoIP app will support what you requested: direct linking to Contact entries!

Have a nice day!
    The Touchmods Team
  2. Zike

Zike New Member

lol this is so fun.

So many people paid for their mics and will not be able to use it if they're are not using that french local ISP or if their ISP in the future doesn't pay to be supported in the application.

But yeah someday they will release an unlocked app, time-limited, if they get enough donation please keep donating so I can lol more

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. lasttouch

lasttouch New Member

thats not nice touchmods

4. delude

delude New Member

Thats a pile of sh*te. So many people bought the mics, to use with thier iPod Touches which can use any Sip server. (Like me!)

I recevied mine today and am outstanded by how professional it looks. This combined with future updates will keep me going back to touchmods.net.
  5. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

I'm disappointed with the so called XXXL surprise...

People with a iPhone can call already. I thought the XXXL would be like being able to run in the backround while you play lights off or something... And less power usage!!!

No big deal but I think they let us down on this one. None the less, I love the Sip-VoIP app from touchmods. Cant wait to get my mic!!!
  6. vzert

vzert New Member

I cant get it to work with the "free" provider