Sip-voip Scratchy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by John_van, Feb 7, 2008.

1. John_van

John_van Banned

I just received my Touchmods Mic. in the mail and its awesome.

I've been able to use the guitar tuner etc, and it works great

However when i use FREECALLS to call people, the sound comes out all scratchy and disjointed.

The person i'm calling however has perfect sound of my voice. Its just when i listen, the sound is crap

And its also very quiet,

How can i fix this?

I'm running a 20mb per second internet in the UK, so it shouldnt be my speed?
  2. mrsgadget

mrsgadget New Member

i have exactly the same problem. and i am using voip cheap in the uk.
  3. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

same problem too using voipcheap, well atleast we know why its called 'voipcheap' anyway i wonder if all the free ones are like this, are thier any others with perfect sound that are free? please so tell....
  4. youpla

youpla New Member

same here, I am using voipbuster and the sound is really crappy and low.
  5. mfresh

mfresh New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's a case of You Get What You Pay For I'm afraid.

I had exactly the same experience, so I signed up with sipgate.co.uk. You have to pay for your calls (it's only about 1p per minute, so it won't exactly break the bank), but the quality is excellent - no scratchy sound any more, just good voice quality both ways.

There's a minumum paymeny of £10 to get started, but it goes to show that if you want quality, you have to be prepared to pay. Or put another way, if you don;t want to pay much, don't expect much.
  6. shaunkerr

shaunkerr New Member

Sound

I just received mine from touchmods and at first my outgoing voice quality was fine, it was incoming quality that was horrible. The volume problem is fixed my going into the music app and turning it all the way down then about 80%. The quality problem was because I had too many apps installed, so I un-installed a few and tried it and it worked. I was told to use boss tools to move everything but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

*I use freecall also