Since When does the iPhone support .psd?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teh_peng00in, May 8, 2009.

1. teh_peng00in

teh_peng00in New Member

Ok kinda weird but very awesome (IMO) thing just happened. Made some new wallpapers for my iPhone, and I saved it as a jpg and connected my iphone to the computer so it will put my new awesome wallpaper on it. also i saved the photoshop version as well to the same place, anyways I go to Photo Library on my iphone expecting to be one new file and yet i see two files, i am waaaaaaaiittt a second...so i am thinking maybe i accidentally saved it twice as a jpeg. I test this out by taking a random .psd file and putting it into the same folder as my new wallpaper was...i sync it again and to my surprise...it shows up in Photo Library like it is a regular jpeg or png O.O this makes it quite awesome find anyways i was just wondering if this somethign new i found or was it always there XD
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure iTunes converts it to a .jpg before syncing it.
  3. teh_peng00in

teh_peng00in New Member

yeah? that would be kinda bothersome really if someone had ALOT of psds and didnt want them constantly on there iphone
  4. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That's pretty impressive, the .pptx and .docx capabilities in the mail app are pretty cool too.
  5. Louis6321

Louis6321 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You can test to see if the phone can read .psd files by emailing it to your phone and trying to open the attachment.
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

heck, you can do that with many extensions too.
  7. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iTunes does "optimize" photos before syncing them to iPhone or iPod Touches. It converts it so it will fit nicely on screen but im not sure if it converts it to .psd to .jpg etc.