Simplify Media

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by cripesonfriday, Aug 14, 2008.

1. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

The blurb

"Simplify Media streams your entire iTunes music library directly to your iPhone or iPod touch over your Wi-Fi or cell network. Considering that the largest iPhone currently weighs in at 16GB and most of our music libraries are significantly larger, this one's got all kinds of obvious potential. We already saw Simplify Media for jailbroken devices, but with this release Simplify Media is officially legit. Apart from your own library, you can also access up to 30 of your friends' libraries. The app displays album art, lyrics, and artist bios, so in addition to the extra music access, it also provides some nice features you won't get from the default iPod app. Simplify Media is free for the first 100,000 downloaders,"

It's a good app I used on 1.1.4 but now its an official product on the app store and is worth getting at that price

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Awesome application!!! The only problem I have with it is that it can't play in the background when I want to play a game or run another application. It shuts off right when I hit the home button(this isn't really a coding flaw or a bug)... Is there a fix for this?!?!?!
  3. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Thats to do with Apple not letting you run background apps I think, although I amn't sure, am only syncing it to my iPod now
  4. ElectricBuffalo

ElectricBuffalo New Member

Nope. Apple has a rule that no application can run in the background. Pandora and AOL Radio both turn off when you hit your home button, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Only the iPod/iPhone's built-in media player can play in the background, and obviously Apple has full control of what that can and can't do. Other than that, you're out of luck.

Sorry.
  5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

You must get this app
  6. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    I got the app but didnt like it much, found it a bit too complicated to use and my firewall kept blocking it :/