Simple Solution For Non-Wifi People !Help!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by sr2002, Jul 21, 2008.

1. sr2002

sr2002 New Member

hey guys ... i went through many of the threads here on this forum .. and im totally confused ... im a total noob and i have no idea about programming and all that ..

All i need is a simple program or a guide in simple words to install apps on my 1.14 ipod touch ... without a wifi connection ...
    Is there a way to install the 3rd party programs that are listed on the apple site?

I have already installed the Ziphone jailbreak ... and i now have the Zibri's and the installer icons on the main screen of my ipod.

What is the next thing to do ? i tried installing igopher .. but its not doing anything .. i can only see the list of applications on the igopher window .. but when i say export script .. it says theres no valid connection.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    come on guys ... a little more enthusiasm ... i really need help .... i desparately want those games ...
  2. eFkoOo

eFkoOo New Member

i have the same problem,i have my ipod touch 1.1.1 first day,its jailbroken,but i have no wifi connection so i can't install the apps with installer,so i was finding some solution to my prob,but i only found the igopher,but i have no idea how to put it into my itouch and aslo install it...can some1 pls help me?
  3. tripacer

tripacer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. vclimen2

vclimen2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem. No Wifi at home. Solution: 35 euros to buy a Wifi-Router.
    c'mon guys. you spent a lot with the ipod touch and now...
  5. Joko

Joko New Member

@sr2002 : I think you need to install "Ziphone iBrick Fix". The source is "i.unlock.no". BUT in order to do so you need a wifi connection (just for this one ). Go to sturbuck or any other hot spot if you must. Then you can use iGopher and iPhone Browser at home.
  6. eFkoOo

eFkoOo New Member

yeah,i read about the t-pot plugin to total commander,but after i installed it,and copied the apps to my touch,they didn't start ,or they did,but after the start screen touch freezed and after few minutes it has returned to the home screen...then i figured out,that they have non root permissions,so the solution was to install the terminal from installer (couse apps from installer already have the root permissions) and also BSD subsystem (2.1) and BSD subsystem SU replacement and also ZiPhone iBrickr Fix...then in terminal type this:

su –l root
    password is alpine

this will log you in as a root

then type:

chown -R root:wheel /Applications/AppName.app
    chmod -R 0777 /Applications/AppName.app

of course, AppName means that instead of it you will type there the correct name of application which you want to chmod (do this only if you add apps with non-wifi process)

sorry,i'm not english native speaker,so my english is not very good