simple question...quick answer please :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cig6, Nov 28, 2007.

1. cig6

cig6 New Member

i have obtained most of the music on my 16gb ipod touch from my friends itunes, well my question is that if i install jailbreak on my ipod touch and proceed to connect my ipod touch to my pc, what is the risk of losing the music not on my itunes, or messing anything else up

Please Register or Log in to view images

also, how much space do the jailbreak apps take up???-thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. spinner

spinner New Member

answer

first connect to iTunes. It should give you a message saying theres media on your ipod thats not in iTunes and it will give you the option to add the media to iTunes. Do that. Then procede to jailbreak ( follow jailbreak instructions exactly). All should go perfectly, if not just hold the home and power buttons at the same time, then when it goes off and comes back on with apple logo release the power button but still hold home button until you see the original connect to iTunes icon. Then connect to iTunes and click restore and let it restore it like new. Don't do this unless the jailbreak fails. I don't know how much space the apps take up. Let me know what happens. (jailbreaking is safe cause you can always force the touch into recovery mode if anything goes bad)
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Well, if you do it wrong or something goes haywire, you may be forced to restore it. And that would delete everything off of your ipod. As far as what is on your computer, it wouldnt touch it(ha ha, get it? the ipod touch wont touch your computer. Ya, i didnt think it was funny either). And all of the apps take up less than a megabyte most frequently. I think that without beatphone, all my apps take about 40-50 megs.
  4. cig6

cig6 New Member

if it does

mess up, i could always get the songs from my buddy again right???
  5. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It depends on your relationship with you buddy and his itunes' ability to restore ^^