Simple Question on Fix Time

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Traveosa, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Traveosa

Traveosa New Member

Apple sent me an iPod touch with a few dead pixels. I am going to send it into them and have it fixed. They said they would ship the box to me within 2 business days. I am just wondering how long it will take until I am able to get it back. I am keeping the engraving I had on it, so it will take longer. But is anyone able to give an estimate from personal experience?
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, A few days to send there, A week or two to fix, A few more days to ship to china for engraving (Its usually china I think) Then a few more days to ship back to you...

Don't bother with stuck/dead pixel, I have a few... If your extremly super lucky you might only have 1 or 2 on the one you get back, Or you may have more... Pretty much every iPod touch 2nd gen has a few dead/stuck pixels, You jus learn to live with them.
  3. Traveosa

Traveosa New Member

Is there a web app that can fix them? I have seen a few that flash a few different colors really fast. Would that work? and if so, how long would you have to keep it on?
  4. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, Heres a thread on fixing stuck pixels:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122806

Don't keep the screen flashing app on too long.
  5. Traveosa

Traveosa New Member

But I have a dead pixel, not a stuck one. So there is no way to fix that right?
  6. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you sure its dead? If it is... Then go ahead, But I have a dead pixel and 2 stuck... I just live with them, Its just if you send it off you might end up with more stuck pixels on the one you get back.