Simple question about quick pawn

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wasteland66, Jan 2, 2009.

1. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    When i installed quickpawn it detected my iphone then its aking me for a ipsw when i click browse i browse through my computer where can i find this ipsw
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you have a PC:

Music > iTunes > Software Updates

You need to update to the firmware you want to jailbreak through iTunes before hand. So if you're looking to jailbreak Firmware 2.2, you first need to update to Firmware 2.2 in iTunes and then run QuickPwn.
  3. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    ehh

see i thought that too but im already updated to firmware 2.2 it still wont find it the qucikpwn i downloaded said it works for 2.2 i dont understand what im doing wrong.... any ideals?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There's no Firmware 2.2 file (ends with .ipsw) in the location I listed above?
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Did you update it to 2.2 through iTunes?
  6. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

select the 2.2 firmware from ur computer, then jailbreak
    make sure u restore from scratch before jailbreaking
  7. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i dunno if i did it through itunes i just bought the iphone today brand new from a friend no prior service on it when i hooked it up itr says 2.2 on itunes and when i go through the phone in general/ about it says firmware 2.2
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    is it somewhere in the itunes folder in my computer? or am i screwed becuase it already came updated? really appreciate the help if they made e-dollars you guys would so get some haha
  8. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If the iPhone already had 2.2 installed when you got it, you won't have the .ipsw file on your computer, you'll have to download it.
  9. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    gotcha any help on where to get it tried googling it no luck just brings up firmware update 2.2 not the exact file
  10. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

i just did this yesterday. my iphone came with 2.2 already installed, so i didnt have to update it. download this file and save it to your desktop. when quickpwn asks you for the file, browse to your desktop and use this. it needs the original firmware for jailbreaking because it goes into recovery mode.

this is the direct download link to 2.2 (save it to your desktop when you click it) http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...0081120.Pt5yH/iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw

its from this site http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPhone_Firmware_Download_Links

hope this helps.

**** im guessing your talking about an iphone 3G. if your talking about iphone 1st gen, get it from the second link i gave u*****