Simple Landscape-mode note writing tool

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by Meoiswa, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Meoiswa

Meoiswa New Member

I had this idea while thinking in how to type in landscape-mode keyboard, its very simple but i dont know any html/java programing. Here it goes:

Using apache web server you are able to store web-pages in your iPoT, so you could use it to open a simple javascript/html page with a text-imput box that creates a .txt for downloading when you click on a "save" button. Having it on Localhost would let you open it without an internet conection, by typing 127.0.0.1 or http://localhost at safari.

btw, you can also use the apache for storing those usefull web-apps in your iPoT
  2. Ojame147

Ojame147 New Member

Thats a pretty fine idea. If somebody happens to do it, i'd be more than happy to use and abuse. But i thought about something like this before, but then i ask myself "Why bother spending time coding like that, when i can just email myself notes?" but then there are limitations like you need wifi and they're not 'saved' etc. oh well.
  3. Meoiswa

Meoiswa New Member

You could use the txt editor that's already out there, it lets you make LONG files. I had this idea for using the landscape keyboard for quick-typing things like taking notes in class, something that isn't supported on any text editor except Safari