Simple IM question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cad2blender, Jun 14, 2010.

1. cad2blender

cad2blender Member

Quick question guys, say I'm online chatting with someone using IM+ and suddenly I want to get on safari, I press the home button and get on safari. The quesion is... am I still logged in to my IM+ account, do I still show up as "available" to my friend on the other side? Does the ipod touch ever close apps when the home buton is pressed? I'm not jailbroken by the way.
  2. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You closed the im+ app when you hit the homebutton, so your maybe not logged in. But if you upgrade to ios4, you can multitask. So you can still chat with your friends while your browsing the web.
  3. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By my experience with ebuddy, you disconnect once you press the home button.
  4. themaster2443

themaster2443 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    IM+ can be configured in the settings to keep you logged in once the application is closed. I used it for two weeks while in Ireland on business, and you can set it to keep your chatts open for 5, 10, 30 minutes or even an hour. Once it's been configured, you will receive push notifications when someone sends you a new message. But you have to check the settings